Thursday, February 10, 2011

Scopes Trial



Religion vs. Evolution.

From attending a catholic school in elementary school to attending a public school in middle/high school gives different views on this situation. When I was little, I didn't know about the "other public" schools. So, when I was learning about my religion in a class I thought nothing of it. Then I switched to a public school when I had no classes set aside for church and was a little confused.
I believe every person has the right to have their own belief on how we were created and arrived on Earth. Because I have already been taught Religion, I don't find it a bad subject to teach. Although, I would not feel comfortable learning about evolution because of my previous teachings.
To play it save, I think that there should not be any teachings because it could cause controversy towards students and teachers beliefs.

No comments:

Post a Comment