Thursday, March 10, 2011

Testimony Review


After watching the videos of two Holocaust survivors, I had mixed emotions. While watching George Gottlieb, I had the chills and felt like I could start crying with him. I found it strange that the Nazi's even let him and his brother find their mother. At first it made me think the Nazi's actually have a heart, but then when Gottlieb pointed out that they only had 20 minutes, my view on the Nazi's went back down to scrum. Can you imagine what you would do with only 20 minutes? I cant. The other video I watched was of Helen Fagin. She was a survivor of a Ghetto. She explained that their living spaces where very limited. If I would have a place to live without being killed, even if it was a small with limited space, I would live there. Fagin said she taught her little sister so she could actually have some education, and I found that so loving. The ghettos brought them all together, literal and figural.

No comments:

Post a Comment